pyTagging -- manage MP3 by your own story --
pyTagging manages large MP3 collections. pyTagging tags MP3 with user original tags and generates playlists for iTunes and XMMS. pyTagging is an open source and written in python.
- pyTagging manages large MP3 collections with user original tags.
- pyTagging generates play lists for iTunes and Winamp.
- You can input tag information with minimum key press (vi like key binding).
User tags have a 'keyword-items' structure. MP3 files are associated with user tags.
e.g.) A keyword, weather, has some items such as fine, rainy, cloudy and snowy. Another keyword, day, has items such as Sunday, working day and
holiday. good.mp3 has a tag information that weather is fine, and day is working day.
pyTagging extracts MP3 files under conditions of user tags combinations.
e.g.) good.mp3 is extracted on a condition that weather is fine but not extracted on a condition that weather is rainy.
- I have large MP3 collection and enjoy listening music on iTunes and iPod. These players sometimes play songs which are not suitable for a
situation and my emotion at that time. So, I had tried to make some play lists for Sunday, walking and party. However, Sunday playlist was not
suitable for rainy Sunday. I thought I should make a play list for rainy Sunday. However, that play list was not suitable for rainy working
day... Making many playlists is messy. So, I decided to make pyTagging to avoid above problem. If you have same experience, pyTagging would be one candidate.
- pyTagging can play MP3 files and read/write ID3 tag.
- One obvious disadvantage of pyTagging is that you have to input many information by yourself.
- pyTagging is written in a object-oriented programing language, Python and open source.
- Current state of pyTagging is alpha version. You can operate pyTagging but you will meet tons of bugs.
- Kitajima is currently developing pyTagging solely although I need help. If you are interested in this project, please send e-mail to me.
- pyTagging project web page in SF.net
You can download files from here.
Please propose FAQs.
Please join if you are interested in this project.
Welcome to bug reports, feature requests and so on. email@example.com
You can submit them on this page.
- 2007/10/22 pyTagging-0.1.6 was released.
- Add: You can find lost files and copy their information to other files.
- 2007/09/26 pyTagging-0.1.5 was released.
- Fix: The add and delete functions do not affect the items of the other files.
- Fix: I forgot to put find_win.py into the release package.
- 2007/09/24 pyTagging-0.1.4 was released.
- Add: Reloading ID3 tag is available.
- Add: Search file is available.
- Add: Loading directory and playlist is available.
- Add: Add and delete items in library data is available.
- Add: Player volume control is available.
- Fix: Grid scrolls and shows cursor after sorting.
- Change: Library data is automatically saved only when pytagging closes.
- 2007/09/17 pyTagging-0.1.3 was released.
- Change: To play MP3, pyTagging uses widows media player in windows or gstreamer in unix. PyMedia is not required for pyTagging.
- 2007/09/09 pyTagging-0.1.2 was released.
- Bug fix: extraction buttons are available.
- Change: Shortcut keys are available.
- Change: Window size, position and curosor position are restored.
- Change: MP3 file path is shown in path window.
- Change: 'and', 'or' and 'not' operator is used for extraction.
- Change: player window shows a total length of the song.
- 2007/09/02 pyTagging-0.1.1 was released.
- bug fix: player can play the song at cursor
- bug fix: player can play first song when it finishes playing last song.
- bug fix: player can play one next song when it finishes playing.
- bug fix: User can delete items in library with single space.
- change: Up, down, right, left, PgUp and PgDown keys are enable.
- change: pyTagging shows busy cursour
- 2007/08/29 pyTagging-0.1.0 was released.
- 2007/08/17 Registration of this project.